Do you ever feel like “Honestly, toasters come with more instructions than a diagnosis of Parkinson’s Disease “? perhaps the following link will help.
This is a link to a 55 page document produced by the MJFF with ‘real talk for patients and families’ exploring everything from learning the diagnosis, the process of accepting and learning about , deciding when to reveal your diagnosis to others. It covers seven tenents:
- 1 There is NO “one size fits all” description.
- 2 Isolation can worsen symptoms
- 3 Don’t Settle: keep working and make changes
- 4 Hone your new instinct.
- 5 Parkinson’s is a non-linear disease
- 6 Get Engaged
- 7 Be Prepared