Try making your own naturally sweet, gut friendly, chocolate mousse at home following Heather Ann Wise’s recipe below.
- 2 avocados , ripe, peeled and pitted
- 3/4 cup organic coconut milk (any dairy-free milk will work as well)
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 2 TBS maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Fresh berries
- Cacao nibs
- Chopped salted almonds
- Place all ingredients in a food processor.
- Blend thoroughly until smooth.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour
- Garnish with berries, cacao nibs, and chopped nuts
This article is based on Heather’s book A Gut Feeling: Conquer Your Sweet Tooth by Tuning Into Your Microbiome.