“Here is a set of quick neural exercises and fast workout for maintaining and strengthening the Cranial Nerves, to support our health, growth, and restoration, and assist in long term progressive symptom reduction.”
[I couldn’t transfer the video, so what follows is the url for the entire article]
“1. Watch and regularly review the video, to ensure a good understanding and improve ability to visualize the specific muscles which we are seeking to innervate with each exercise.”
[I viewed the video, and although it shows the muscles … and perhaps shows the good doctors knowledge and understanding of said muscles, I think we can all follow the guide below, even without viewing it.] your choice. 🙂
“2. Take a few minutes to perform the exercise routine just once or twice a day, do not overdo, especially initially – less is more, consistent practice every day is more important.”
“3. Hold each expression made for a few seconds, and concentrate (embody) the feelings and sensations created, then relax face before moving on to next.”
“4. If particular exercises are difficult to perform, use fingers to assist, or close eyes and simply visualize/imagine making the expression and the muscle movement – even micro-twitches will be beneficial.”
1. Look in the mirror while performing the workout, and consciously notice/observe changes to face.
2. Gently place finger tips on each muscle which is being innervated.
3. Rotate daily between exercising left side only, right side only, and both sides.
4. Find a partner/guide with a healthy Social Engagement/Cranial Nervous System, and follow/mirror/mimic their facial expressions as they go through the routine, exploiting the Mirror Neurons which fire when watching other people move.
FACIAL NERVE EXERCISES
1. Wrinkle forehead.
2. Close eyelids gently and relax face.
3. Close eyes tightly.
4. Draw eyebrows down and inward.
5. Frown and wrinkle top of nose.
6. Flare nostrils out.
7. Draw nose downwards with septum.
8. Close lips tight together.
9. Purse lips as if kissing,
10. Purse lips as if whistling.
11. Puff up cheeks, then slowly blow out breath.
12. Draw corners of the mouth outwards with lips closed.
13. Draw corners of mouth upwards with lips closed.
14. Draw corners of mouth downwards with lips closed.
15. Open lips and show upper teeth by curling/lifting upper lip, opening nostrils.
16. Starting with lips closed, push lower lip out as if pouting.
17. Open lips and show lower teeth, by pulling lower lip down.
18. Smile broadly, showing teeth.
19. Raise ears (for most people this will require manual assistance with fingers).
20. Draw ears back (“).
21. Draw ears up and forwards (“).