While flourless it contains gluten. This recipe was found at the site: PDOnTheMove.com
Makes: 8-12 servings Total time: 1 day grain soaking, 20 minutes to mix, 3 hours rising, 1 hour baking
- 1 cup rye berries
- 1/2 cup barley berries
- 1/2 cup spelt berries
- 2 teaspoons baker’s yeast
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dark molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Coconut oil, or other oil, to grease bread pan
- Sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, chia seeds, garlic powder to taste (topping)
- Combine rye, barley, and spelt berries in a medium-sized bowl. Add water so there is at least 1 inch of water covering the grains. Cover, and allow grains to sit at room temperature for approximately 24 hours.
- Once your grains are ready to be used, prepare yeast. Heat 1 cup of water to approximately 100°F (it should feel warm to the touch, but not uncomfortable), and add yeast. Stir, and allow to sit 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place sprouted grains in a blender. Blend until grains are well chopped ~1-3 minutes, depending on your blender. Add olive oil and molasses, and mix until well blended.
- Move the chopped grains to a bowl (can be the one you sprouted them in), add yeast and water, and mix well with a spoon or rubber spatula. Cover with a thin towel, and allow to rise 2 hours in a warm location.
- After 2 hours of rising, add salt, mix well, and transfer to a well greased 9-inch bread pan. Cover with a thin towel and allow to rise another hour. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- After 3 total hours of rising, add any toppings you want, and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour at 375°F.